Thursday, March 13, 2014

[13/31]March Thing!-Why Build A Computer?

I have recived the question why build a computer from classmates multiple times and the answers are always the same:

1. Cost. Building a computer costs much less than having it custom built by a company
2. Pride. By building my own computer I get to have an enormous sense of personal pride because I built my computer.
3. I Wanted To. I have toyed with the idea of building a computer for a while and taking that leap was a big thing for me.

Anyway I hope that answers most of the question, but ask me in the comments if you have any more.

2 comments:

  1. Obviously you have a much greater handle on all the workings of a computer than I do (most us mere mortals only know our basic HTML), but what does building a computer really involve? Is it just a matter of ordering the correct parts and putting them together? Are you creating parts (is that too complicated?), or scanning the instructions and screwing together the pieces of a kit (too silly/simplistic)? I really don't know what it entails. The thought of building a computer has crossed my mind before, but I've dismissed it as beyond my reach. Then again, the thoughts of making my own carpet, genetically engineering a new animal, and stacking toothpicks end-to-end to make a tower have all crossed my mind and been considered unattainable. My point? Making a computer is interesting to me, but one of many impossible ideas. So the fact that you did that is more than a little really awesome. Congratulations, you're amazing.
    Wow, I talk (type) a lot. Guess I'm more extraverted with a keyboard instead of a mouth. Who knew?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Building a computer is about getting pre-made parts like a case or a motherboard and assembling them. A lot of the parts come with basic installation instructions but there is not one set of "master plans". Also now is one of the best times to build a computer if you want to because the technology has advanced far enough that no soldering or anything like that is required.

    ReplyDelete