Friday, January 10, 2014

Making a plan to build a computer-Slice of Life





Over the break I decided to build a computer. I am not really sure why, I had toyed with the idea for a while, but it always seemed out of reach. I looked at magazines, looked online and made my own judgements. I made a list, then re-made it, then checked price, then rinse an repeat. After a while I made a final list and sent it out to my immediate family as a *suggestion* for christmas gifts. Right after Christmas, I found a website, into which you could put in the pieces and it would tell you if there was a problem. I put in all my pieces and discovered that the power supply would not have enough wattage to support my computer. I looked around and discovered a more powerful version for less because it was on sale!


Recently I got the motherboard, case, power supply, and CPU. I just need a few more pieces before I can actually put everything in! Yay!
Not quite my computer...Yet

5 comments:

  1. i like how you showed how hard you tried and i think it is really cool that your making your own computer nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are the other pieces that you need? This is pretty boss to be building your own computer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still need a GPU/Graphics card, a hard drive, a disk reader,a CPU fan, a wireless adapter, a new mouse, a monitor, and Windows 7, which totals about $800

      Delete
  3. I like you hinted suggestion to your family. I, too, make such suggestions. Also, I like the simple way you started, no fluff, just a statement of fact. It really works for your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea that it was possible to build a computer. I like your writing style.

    ReplyDelete